India breaks a new record with 24,850 COVID-19 cases in a single day
- With 24,850 people testing positive for
coronavirusinfection and 613 succumbing to the disease in a day, the highest so far, India's COVID-19 caseload soared to 6,73,165.
death tollclimbed to 19,268 on Sunday.
- This is the third consecutive day that coronavirus infections have increased by more than 20,000 in the country.
The number of recoveries stands at 4,09,082 while one patient has migrated. There are 2,44,814 active cases of coronavirus infections presently in the country, the updated data at 8 am showed.
"Thus, around 60.77 per cent of patients have recovered so far," an official said.
The total number of confirmed cases include foreigners.
Of the 613 deaths reported in the last 24 hours, 295 are from Maharashtra, 81 from Delhi, 65 from Tamil Nadu, 42 from Karnataka, 24 from Uttar Pradesh, 21 from Gujarat, 19 from West Bengal, 12 from Andhra Pradesh, nine from Bihar, eight from Jammu and Kashmir, seven from Rajasthan, five each in Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Punjab and Telangana, two each from Goa and Jharkhand and one from Himachal Pradesh. PLB DV DV
- 1 million tons of contaminated radioactive water still plagues Japan nearly a decade after the Fukushima nuclear disaster
- Maharashtra government partners with Google to provide remote learning to 23 million students
- Tamil Nadu reports 5,684 COVID-19 cases
- Maharashtra adds a records 11,514 COVID-19 cases and witnesses 316 deaths in a single day
- Two-wheeler sales in India could contract by 16-18% in FY2021, says ICRA