Record daily spike of 12,881 COVID-19 cases; death toll rises by 334: Govt
The number of active cases stands at 1,60,384 while 1,94,324 people have recovered and one patient has migrated, according to the data updated at 8am.
"Thus, around 52.95 per cent patients have recovered so far," an official said.The total number of confirmed cases include foreigners.
Of the 334 new deaths, 114 were in Maharashtra, 67 in Delhi, 48 in Tamil Nadu, 27 in Gujarat, 18 in Uttar Pradesh, 12 in Haryana, 11 in West Bengal, 8 in Karnataka, 6 each in Punjab and Madhya Pradesh, 5 in Rajasthan, 3 in Bihar, 2 each in Jammu and Kashmir and Andhra Pradesh.Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Puducherry, Telangana and Uttarakhand reported 1 COVID-19 fatality each. PLB. ABH ABH
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- UltraTech Cement's ₹5,477 crore expansion plan is a sign that Birla is betting on a faster economic recovery
- SBI’s mobile banking app is down for the third time in 30 days — digital services take a hit for the 25th time this year
- HCL Tech's Roshni Nadar is India's richest woman in 2020, according to Kotak Wealth Hurun India list
- Hero ISL’s viewership for the first 8 matches has grown by 16% in comparison to last year
- Reliance Infratel resolution plan approved by NCLT Mumbai – Jio to pick up the tower unit