Record daily spike of 12,881 COVID-19 cases; death toll rises by 334: Govt
The number of active cases stands at 1,60,384 while 1,94,324 people have recovered and one patient has migrated, according to the data updated at 8am.
"Thus, around 52.95 per cent patients have recovered so far," an official said.
The total number of confirmed cases include foreigners.
India has registered over 10,000 cases for the seventh day in a row.
Of the 334 new deaths, 114 were in Maharashtra, 67 in Delhi, 48 in Tamil Nadu, 27 in Gujarat, 18 in Uttar Pradesh, 12 in Haryana, 11 in West Bengal, 8 in Karnataka, 6 each in Punjab and Madhya Pradesh, 5 in Rajasthan, 3 in Bihar, 2 each in Jammu and Kashmir and Andhra Pradesh.Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Puducherry, Telangana and Uttarakhand reported 1 COVID-19 fatality each. PLB. ABH ABH
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- GST Council meet: No new tax on food delivery apps Swiggy, Zomato
- SBI, Kotak Mahindra and others cut home loan rates ahead of festive season
- Virat Kohli's T20I journey as captain is better than Dhoni's
- Gen Z decoded: MTV's latest report reflects Gen Z’s behavior patterns,mindsets, habits and perceptions
- From ecommerce to payments — here are the top funded business models of last one year