Record spike of 28,701 COVID-19 cases takes India's tally to 8,78,254
The number of recoveries stands at 5,53,470, while there are 3,01,609 active cases of coronavirus infection presently in the country and one person has migrated, the updated data at 8 am showed.
"Thus, around 63.01 per cent of patients have recovered so far," an official said.The total number of confirmed cases includes foreigners.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Delhi budget: Free Covid vaccine scheme at state-run hospitals; special women mohalla clinics
- Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat resigns
- Best Samsung mobile phones in India in March 2021
- Laxmi Organic IPO is slated to hit capital markets next week — price band set at ₹129-130 a share
- Tamil Nadu orders spot fine of ₹200 for not wearing a mask amid rising cases of COVID-19