Relatives of dead COVID-19 patient carry body in own auto in violation of norms
This was as per preliminary information gathered in the incident which occurred on Friday, but full facts would emerge after an inquiry, a hospital official said.
The patient died on Thursday night while undergoing treatment, he said.As part of COVID-19 guidelines in disposing of those succumbing to the infection, the bodies are sent in an ambulance with a police escort, he said. Advertisement
However, the family members of the patient, who owned an auto, took the body,saying there would be delay in the arrival of an ambulance, the official claimed.
A man, a relative of thefamily, who comes to the hospital often on certain works, helped them, he said.According to the official,the family belongs to Bheemgal village but the body was buried in Nizamabad itself.
Action would be taken after completion of inquiry against those responsible as such an incident should not occur again, he added. SJR BN WELCOME BN WELCOME
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Russia to begin COVID-19 vaccine production within 2 weeks
- Pune district reports 2,997 new coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours
- Three companies qualify for submission of financial bid for new Parliament building
- Top stocks to watch today— Britannia, Hero MotoCorp, Ashok Leyland, M&M Financial, Indiabulls Housing and more
- Odisha witnesses highest single-day spike of 1,876 fresh cases