India's retail inflation dropped below 7% in July for the first time in four months
Retail inflationsoftened to 6.7% in July, mainly on account of moderation in food prices, government data showed on Friday.
- In June, retail
inflationwas at 7% and it stood at 5.6% in July 2021.
- According to the data, food inflation in July 2022 moderated to 6.75% as against 7.75% in June.
Retail inflation softened to 6.71 per cent in July, mainly on account of moderation in food prices, government data showed on Friday.
In June, retail inflation was at 7.01 per cent and it stood at 5.59 per cent in July 2021.
According to the data, food inflation in July 2022 moderated to 6.75 per cent as against 7.75 per cent in June.
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) based retail inflation, however, remained above the
In the first three months of the current fiscal, retail inflation remained above 7 per cent.
Popular on BI
- Moonlighting – The open secret in the tech industry
- Mphasis to provide multi-cloud experiences to customers with VMware Tanzu
- India to benefit from greater trade and investment as Quad countries seek to cut reliance on Chinese goods, says Moody’s
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension expands India operations, ropes in HDFC’s Keki Mistry as senior advisor
- 7 out of 10 cardiac patients can be saved with CPR: Experts