India's retail inflation dropped below 7% in July for the first time in four months
Retail inflationsoftened to 6.7% in July, mainly on account of moderation in food prices, government data showed on Friday.
- In June, retail
inflationwas at 7% and it stood at 5.6% in July 2021.
- According to the data, food inflation in July 2022 moderated to 6.75% as against 7.75% in June.
Retail inflation softened to 6.71 per cent in July, mainly on account of moderation in food prices, government data showed on Friday.
In June, retail inflation was at 7.01 per cent and it stood at 5.59 per cent in July 2021.
According to the data, food inflation in July 2022 moderated to 6.75 per cent as against 7.75 per cent in June.
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) based retail inflation, however, remained above the
In the first three months of the current fiscal, retail inflation remained above 7 per cent.
Popular on BI
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns