India's retail inflation dropped below 7% in July for the first time in four months
Retail inflationsoftened to 6.7% in July, mainly on account of moderation in food prices, government data showed on Friday.
- In June, retail
inflationwas at 7% and it stood at 5.6% in July 2021.
- According to the data, food inflation in July 2022 moderated to 6.75% as against 7.75% in June.
Retail inflation softened to 6.71 per cent in July, mainly on account of moderation in food prices, government data showed on Friday.
In June, retail inflation was at 7.01 per cent and it stood at 5.59 per cent in July 2021.
According to the data, food inflation in July 2022 moderated to 6.75 per cent as against 7.75 per cent in June.
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) based retail inflation, however, remained above the
In the first three months of the current fiscal, retail inflation remained above 7 per cent.
Popular on BI
- ITC Q3 net profit rises 23% to Rs 5,070 cr; revenue up 3.5%
- Adani’s stock rout can impact its ability to raise capital or refinance debt, says Moody’s
- IndiGo profit soars to ₹1,422.6 crore in December quarter
- Tata Power Q3 net profit nearly doubles to ₹1,052 crore
- Gautam Adani loses richest Indian tag in 1 yr as he drops from 2 to 21 in world rich list