SBI branch in Meghalaya closed after employee tests COVID-19 positive
The SBI employee, a resident of Assam, has been taken to isolation and his immediate contacts at the branch are being traced, the minister said.
"We were informed today by the Assam government that the bank employee tested positive for COVID-19 in Assam. For the time being, the SBI branch at Khanapara will be shut for proper sanitization as per protocols," Hek said.
He said the district authorities have issued necessary orders as precautionary measures in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Meghalaya currently has 46 cases of COVID-19, of which 37 patients have already recovered.Health authorities in the state have also tested 16,931 returnees in the past two months, Hek said. JOP RG RG
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- TCS retains No 1 spot as India’s top brand but tech sector takes a hit
- Brewing capital: Third Wave Coffee raises Series C funding with participation from existing investors
- Asian Paints' non-executive director Ashwin Dani passes away
- Mapping Zealandia: Scientists chart the tectonic secrets of Earth’s sunken 8th continent
- World Heart Day: Nourish your heart with heart-healthy foods and practical tips