Security personnel testing COVID-19 positive won't be allowed to enter Sikkim: State govt
Rapid antigen tests will be conducted exclusively on security personnel, including those from the Army and the paramilitary forces, at the Rangpo border check-post from Saturday onwards, he said.
"Those testing positive for COVID-19 during the rapid antigen tests will not be allowed to enter Sikkim and will be sent back to quarantine centres from where they came," said Director General-cum-Secretary of the Health Department, Dr Pemba T Bhutia.The measure comes after more than three dozen security personnel posted in the Himalayan state, bordering China, tested positive for COVID-19. Advertisement
Earlier, thermal screening was conducted on everyone including security personnel entering the state through the border check-posts.
The rapid antigen tests, that give results faster, will be conducted for free for the first 15 days, he said.Meanwhile, eight more people have recovered from COVID-19 in the state, the official said.
Of the 121 COVID-19 cases in the state, 41 are active and 13 patients (Army personnel) have migrated to neighbouring West Bengal, while the remaining people have been cured of the disease, he added. KDK ACD AAR AAR
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- SEBI issues procedural guidelines for proxy advisors
- Bandhan Bank promoter sells 21% stake to meet RBI norms
- Air India pilots allege blatant discrimination by management
- Reliance Industries and bank shares tumble and topple Sensex as bears look to clear the froth in the price
- Twitter plans 'Undo Send' button with paid subscription service