Senior Rail Bhavan official tests positive for COVID-19; sixth since May 13
The officer last came to work at the rail headquarters on May 22.
The latest case came to light on Saturday, five days after a fourth-grade multitasking staffer tested positive for the disease. Nine of his contacts have been sent into home quarantine till June 2, officials said.The director-level officer's 29 contacts have been sent to home quarantine till June 5. Advertisement
Another senior official tested positive on May 24, days after another was found positive on May 22.
On May 14, a contractual worker, who served to drive out monkeys from the building with his langoor, tested positive, and an RPF staffer did so on May 13.The railways had sealed the building for two days each on May 14 and May 15 and in May 26 and May 27 for deep sanitisation.
At least 50 railway staffers who have come in contact with those who tested positive for COVID-19 are home quarantined. ASG ABH ABH
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Mukesh Ambani’s $72 billion fortune makes him richer than Elon Musk and Google’s Larry Page and Sergey Brin
- Sony launches new wireless speaker range in India
- NASA astronauts to conduct a pair of spacewalks this month
- Researchers develop tester to check fabric's ability to stay dry
- An Israeli firm working on flying cars is looking for $40 million and a strategic partner— the founders are open to set up the plant in India