Seven child workers rescued from restaurants in Odisha
- Seven child labourers have been rescued from eateries in the
- The police conducted raids in several hotels and fast-food centres.
The task force comprising the district labour officer (DLO), Berhampur, a member of the district child welfare committee (CWC), the district child protection officer (DCPO), member of Childline, Berhampur and the police conducted raids in several hotels and fast-food centres within Baidyanathpur police station limits on Tuesday.
"The children were rescued from at least five eateries.
"We will verify the age of the children. If their age is found to be below 14 years, we will register case against the owners of the eateries under the Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act for engaging them as labourers," said Berhampur DLO Babulal Patra.
The district task force would conduct raids in different areas of the city in the next few days.
The raids will continue till the end of this month to rescue child labourers as part of the campaign, "Action Month against Child Labour", sources said.
Ganjam district collector
On February 9, two children were rescued from a brick-kiln at Jhugudi, near here. The children were from
- Best broadband plans in India in 2021 – JioFiber, Airtel Xstream Fiber and ACT Fibernet
- IPL 2021: Royal Challengers Bangalore have beaten Sunrisers Hyderabad 7 out of 18 times they played each other
- Publicis Groupe consolidates Data Science, Programmatic and Media Tech with Zenith and Starcom, under a common leadership
- Here are the 7 Indians who will be a part of Cannes Lions Jury this year
- CBSE Class 10 board exams cancelled, Class 12 exams postponed as COVID-19 cases surge