Seven more die of COVID-19 in Bengal, 85 fresh cases reported
The number of active cases in the state rose to 940, after 85 fresh cases were reported during the same period, Bandyopadhyay said.
At least 46 people were discharged from different hospitals in the state since Monday evening, following their recovery, he said. The number of people who have recovered in the state so far stands at 264.
A total of 2,455 samples were tested for the disease in the last 24 hours, he said. The total number of samples tested in the state jumped to 27,571.
Bengal has reported 1,344 COVID-19 cases so far, Bandopadhyay said.The Union Health Ministry, however, put the figure at 1,259. SCH RMS KJKJ
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- Elon Musk told Chinese Tesla workers in a late night speech that their hard work 'warms my heart' — 6 weeks after some complained about bonus cuts
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala