Shed of umbrellas outside Arunachal bank for maintaining social distance
Tired of making customers of the bank adhere to socialdistancing norms, the district administration asked people tocome up with ideas and Dr Jumge Padu, a frontline COVID-19warrior, responded to the call.
Accordingly, 53 garden umbrellas were placed at adistance of one metre from each other in front of SBI's Aalobranch on Sunday by Dr Padu with help from two organisations.
The state is now coronavirus-free with the swabsamples of the lone COVID-19 patient having yielded negativeresult twice.
Appreciating the initiative, West Siang deputycommissioner Swetika Sachan who visited the site said, "Theshed will not only help in maintaining social distancing butalso provide relief to people from the scorching heat andrain."
Volunteers of the Kibom Old Age Welfare Societymonitor the people standing in the shed and there are separateentry and exit points for male and female customers.
"As prevention is always better than cure, we cannotbe complacent.
"Precaution is all the more important with themovement of people from other districts. If the virus entersthe district, the COVID-19 warriors have to fight a moredifficult war," Dr Padu said.He is also instrumental in providing training tovarious self-help groups in the area regarding the making ofmasks. UPL MMSOM SOM
- People are posting parody photos of their bedside table in response to Elon Musk's tweet which suggested the Twitter CEO kept two guns by his bed
- Elon Musk calls on all Twitter designers, engineers doing software to sit on his floor of HQ for 'dense and intense' work
- Sensex, Nifty50 open higher as US Fed signals smaller rate hikes – TCS, Apollo Hospitals, Zomato among stocks in focus
- Top 10 companies with the highest net profit in India as per Hurun 2022 list
- Rupee gains 8 paise to close at 81.22 against US dollar
- BYJU’s, Zomato, Dream11 among India’s most valuable PE/VC-funded companies as per Hurun
- GST revenues rose by 11% to ₹1.46 lakh crore in November: Finance Ministry
- Markets on record-making spree; rally for the eight straight day