Sixth COVID-19 death as cases rise to 387 in Gautam Buddh Nagar; highest single-day discharges
Noida (UP), May 29 () A 90-year-old man who had tested positive for COVID-19 died in Uttar Pradesh's Gautam Buddh Nagar, the sixth coronavirus-linked fatality here, officials said on Friday.
Nine more cases were reported in the district on Friday, taking its COVID-19 tally to 387, while the number of active cases came down to 91 as 28 more people were discharged on Friday, District Surveillance Officer Sunil Dohare said.
As many as 290 patients got discharged so far with the recovery rate rising to nearly 74 per cent on Friday, according to statistics.
The nonagenarian man, a resident of Noida Sector 40, was admitted to Sharda Hospital, a dedicated private COVID-19 facility, on Wednesday where he died the next day, the officials said.
"He was referred from another private hospital and had tested positive for COVID-19 by a private lab. His report was being counter-checked for COVID-19. He died of acute respiratory infection with severe sepsis on May 27. He was a known patient of diabetes, hypertension and coronary artery disease," Dohare said.
Among the new patients are a 43-year-old woman and a 46-year-old man from Sector XU III, a 35-year-old man from Swasthya Vihar – all three in Greater Noida, he said.
A 25-year-old man in Sector 45, a 32-year-old male in Hoshiyarpur, a 36-year-old woman from Naya Gaon in Sector 81, a 24-year-old woman from Sector 22, and a 49-year-old man from Sector 50, all in Noida, also tested positive for COVID-19, the officer said.
He said of the 28 patients were discharged on Friday, 25 were at the Sharda Hospital and the rest at the Government Institute of Medical Sciences (GIMS). Among those discharged were two women aged 90 and 78 years.
According to officials, this was the highest single-day discharge of COVID-19 patients in the district so far.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Apple is hiring engineers and interns for their tech team in India
- Actor James Michael Tyler, known for his role as Gunther on 'Friends,' has passed away at 59 from prostate cancer
- Apple is being sued by a San Francisco man for $1,383.13, the exact cost of his iPhone 12. He says the company refused to fix the device while it was under warranty.
- Dream11's latest campaign features Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant, Hardik Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah, and Shikhar Dhawan
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Nobel Peace Prize winning journalist calls out Mark Zuckerberg, links Facebook to the atom bomb
- Reliance Jio lost subscribers for the first time in 10 quarters but there's good news for Mukesh Ambani in this too
- Pankaj Tripathi and Maanvi Gagroo reprise their role as Kaleen Bhaiyya and Siddhi in Amazon Prime India's Diwali campaign