Surat district records 288 COVID-19 cases, 299 recoveries
A total of 299 persons, highest for a district in Gujarat, also recovered and discharged from hospitals during the same period, said a Health Department release.
Along with conducting rapid antigen tests to identify positive patients, the Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC) is also penalising people not following Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) put in place to control the spread of the virus in the city.On Thursday, the civic body collected a fine of Rs 36,800 from 111 persons found violating social distancing norms, said an SMC release.
Till now, the civic body has collected a cumulative fine of Rs 2.05 crore from 48,063 violators, said the release.The addition of 288 new cases in the last 24 hours was highest for a district in the state.
Surat's tally of 28,481 cases is second highest after Ahmedabad, where 37,040 persons have been found infected by the virus so far.Out of these 288 new cases, 176 were reported from Surat city and 112 from rural parts of the district, the Health Department release said. Four patients, two each from Surat city and rural parts, succumbed to the infection in the last 24 hours, taking the toll to 942 in the district, it said. COR PJT PD RSY RSY
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Upcoming bike launches in November: From Ducati Multistrada to Royal Enfield Meteor and KTM 250, to 2021 Honda CB1000R, here’s the list
- Researchers identify new drug to treat Covid-19 patients
- Ice drug worth 2 crore seized, 2 held
- Nearly a third of RIL’s profit is shaved off by the dent in refining
- Reliance Retail clocks nearly as much revenue as a year earlier as COVID shock abates — but the Amazon threat looms