Suspected of conspiracy to spread COVID-19, man killed in Delhi's Bawana
The victim has been identified as Mehboob Ali, a resident of Harewali village in Bawana, they said.
Police said Ali had gone to Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh for a Tablighi Jamaat conference and returned to the national capital in a truck of vegetables after 45 days.He was held at the Azadpur vegetable market and released after a medical examination.
He was thrashed in the fields on Sunday. He was rushed to a hospital by police where he died, a senior police officer said.Police registered a case under relevant sections of the IPC and arrested three persons, they added. NIT RDK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- OYO’s ‘Hockey’ print campaign is winning the internet; there’s a lot more in store, says its head of global brand Mayur Hola
- 77 cases of Indian COVID-19 variant found in the UK
- Karnataka CM Yediyurappa and MP from Punjab Harshmit Kaur Badal test COVID-19 positive
- Pakistan temporarily shuts down social media amid anti-France protests
- Four charts show how COVID-19 vaccines are being distributed in India