Swab samples of 61 people who returned to Arunachal with coronavirus-positive man test negative
All the passengers reached the state on May 18 along with the infected person in two buses travelling through Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal and Assam.
"Glad to share that recent first positive #COVID 19 active primary & secondary contacts were 61 persons and all have tested negative," Khandu said in a tweet.A fresh case of COVID-19 was reported in the state on Sunday, over a month after Arunachal Pradesh was declared coronavirus-free. Advertisement
The 30-year-old student had returned to the state on May 18 from the national capital.
Arunachal Pradesh has two active COVID-19 cases at present as another student, a returnee from Chennai, tested positive on Wednesday night.Meanwhile, Khandu on Friday convened a cabinet meeting to discuss measures to contain further spread of the virus in the state.
"A robust mechanism has been worked out & an elaborate plan discussed today in the 3rd cabinet meeting held this month to prevent the virus from spreading further," the CM said in another tweet. UPL RBT RBT
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- 936 new COVID-19 cases in Assam; eight more die
- 156 fresh cases in Jharkhand, COVID-19 tally now 3,518
- 755 new COVID-19 cases take Odisha's tally to 11,956
- Battling depression, AIIMS Delhi junior doctor jumps off 10th floor of hostel, dies
- AIIMS probe finds no mala fide intent in death of COVID-19 positive journalist: Harsh Vardhan