Sweet coronavirus treat for bitter lockdown time
A renowned chain of sweet makers in Kolkata has comeup with a 'sandesh' shaped in the form of novel coronavirus a red coloured spherical body covered with spikes.
'Sandeh' is a type of sweetmeat Bengal is famous for.
An official of the sweet shop said they have decidedto offer one Corona Sandesh for free to each customer visitingthe shop to lift the spirits of people.
Along with that, a pamphlet bearing anti-COVID-19slogans and safety measures required to contain the disease isalso being given, said Rabin Pal of Hindustan Sweets.
The pamphlet starts with the slogan: "We will digestCoronoavirus! We will defeat Coronavirus!" Such slogans arealso written in Bengali.
"We have made sandesh and cupcakes in the shape ofcoronavirus. We are aiming at raising awareness among peopleon the disease and lift their spirits, and not to make anyprofit out of it. The sandesh and cupcakes have become verypopular among customers," Pal said.Most of the sweet shops in Kolkata are doing sluggishbusiness after the state government allowed the outlets toremain open for four hours during the lockdown period. PNTNN NN
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- Putin's leadership is unraveling as he takes regular breaks for medical treatment and is constantly surrounded by doctors, says British ex-spy
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani