From 95 biryanis per minute to Gaumutra, here’s what Indians ordered on Swiggy in 2019
- Swiggy’s year end report shows that Indians ordered 95 biryanis per minute.
- Falooda was the dessert of the year with almost 12 lakh orders in 2019.
- A Gurugram user used
SwiggyGo to order Gaumutraor cow urine.
Indians ordered 95 biryanis per minute on Swiggy which has over 35,056 varieties of the dish, on offer. While the cheapest biryani was available for ₹19, the most expensive one was for ₹1,500.
Beyond biryani, the dessert of the year award went to Falooda with almost 12 lakh orders in 2019. It beat Gulab Jamun and Halwa to wear the crown.
But many Indians also tried their hand at diet, the app says. There was a 306% increase in Keto diet food orders like – Keto brownies, Keto-friendly Tuscan Chicken and red rice poha.
In the beginning of 2019, it launched Swiggy Go by , tying up with local grocery stores for delivery. And the whimsiest of their users is a Gurugram resident who ordered Gaumutra (cow urine).
Other unusual requests include papaya leaves for a dengue patient, an oxygen machine, wigs and temple prasad.
A top dating app reveals that Indians prefer ‘good sex’ over ‘same political beliefs’ for a match
Popular on BI
- From marketing and tech to leadership - learn new skills and explore new possibilities with these Udemy courses
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Paytm Q2 result — Operational revenue crosses ₹1000 crore, loss widens by ₹37 crore
- These Indian states have the highest number of international airports; UP tops the list
- Centre raises Bengal labour budget for creation of 27 cr man-days