Tablighi event: Cluster quarantine in 10 areas in 4 Guj cities
These comprise six localities in Ahmedabad, two inVadodara and one each in Surat as well as Bhavnagar, saidAshwani Kumar, Secretary to Chief Minister Vijay Rupani.
"When members of Tablighi Jamaat returned to Gujaratfrom Delhi, it led to spread of COVID-19 cases. Because ofthis, six areas in Ahmedabad, that is one in Bapunagar, two inKalupur, and one each in Dariyapur, Shah Alam and Danilimda,were converted into cluster quarantine," Kumar said.Similar is the case with Nagarwada and Saiyadpura inVadodara, Sachin in Surat and Sandhiyawad in Bhavnagar, Kumaradded.
A health department official on Monday said at least10 of the 16 new COVID-19 positive cases detected had a linkto the Tablighi Jamaat event in Nizamuddin.Cluster containment strategy is meant to contain thedisease within a defined geographic area by early detection ofcases, breaking the chain of transmission and thus preventingits spread to new areas, as per health ministry guidelines.
A containment zone is decided on the basis of extentof cases listed by surveillance teams.Agiven geographical area is quarantined, put underenhanced active surveillance, and measures taken comprisetesting of all suspect cases, enforcing strict perimetercontrol for social distancing measures, said an official.KA PDBNM BNM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- DMRC closed entry and exit gates of yellow, green, violet and blue lines in surge of farmers protest
- Delhi Police fires tear-gas shells on farmers near Akshardham temple and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar
- Protesting farmers break barricades at Delhi borders, entering the national capital ahead of time
- BJD chalks out issues for upcoming budget session of Parliament
- Farmer unions now announce plan to march towards Parliament on Budget day