Taj hotel staff who tested positive for coronavirus stable
Indian Hotels Company, which runs the Taj Hotel chain,had confirmed on Saturday that some employees of the iconichotel were found positive for the virus, but did not specifythe number.
Doctors had said on Saturday that six staffers at theproperty overlooking the Gateway of India monument in southMumbai had tested positive.The hotel chain, which has been hosting doctors,health workers and other emergency services personnel at itshotels in the city during the lockdown, had proactively testedaround 500 employees in the last few days as the financialcapital is among India's coronavirus hotspots.
Without specifying the number of infected employees,the company had said in a statement on Saturday that most ofthem were "asymptomatic showing absolutely no signs ofillness" and that the employees were tested proactively."However, staff testing positive and symptomatic wereduly hospitalized and others who were in contact with themhave immediately been put in quarantine," it had said.
The hotel does not have any guests at present and onlyminimal staff are present to ensure upkeep of the property, itsaid. AA VTVT VT
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Tech giants Google, Amazon, and Apple back work authorisation in US for spouses of H-1B visa holders
- This new book about saving a forest as big as 178,000 football fields is only partly fictional
- Cyclone Tauktae causes heavy rains in Kerala — coastal areas are badly affected
- How to take screenshot on your Iphone
- How to change theme of your Instagram chat