Telangana Home Minister Mohammed Mahmood Ali has tested positive for COVID-19
He was admitted to a private hospital in Hyderabad on Sunday night. Health officials described his condition as stable.
Ali had participated in Haritha Haram, a plantation programme, with top police officials on June 25.
He is the first minister to be found infected by Coronavirus.
So far three members of State Legislative Assembly, all belonging to the ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS), have tested positive.
Coronavirus cases in Telangana
COVID-19 spread: Telangana govt to decide strategy for Hyderabad including re-imposing lockdown
Central team to visit Maharashtra, Gujarat, Telangana to bolster COVID-19 management efforts
- Zomato FY20 revenue jumps to Rs 2,960 cr
- Noida: 87 new COVID-19 cases push tally to 3,260, active 1,008
- COVID-19: 4 more deaths in Punjab; 217 fresh cases take tally to 7,357
- 165 new COVID-19 cases in Ahmedabad, tally rises to 22,845
- Bengal records 26 more deaths, highest one-day spike of 1,198 COVID-19 cases