Telangana Home Minister Mohammed Mahmood Ali has tested positive for COVID-19
He was admitted to a private hospital in Hyderabad on Sunday night. Health officials described his condition as stable.
Ali had participated in Haritha Haram, a plantation programme, with top police officials on June 25.
He is the first minister to be found infected by Coronavirus.
So far three members of State Legislative Assembly, all belonging to the ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS), have tested positive.
Coronavirus cases in Telangana
COVID-19 spread: Telangana govt to decide strategy for Hyderabad including re-imposing lockdown
Central team to visit Maharashtra, Gujarat, Telangana to bolster COVID-19 management efforts
Popular on BI
- Ready to introduce same-day settlement of trades by March 2024: Sebi chief
- Grok AI chatbot to reach all English-language users in about a week: Musk
- What are the two climate declarations India has been hesitant to sign at COP28?
- This 400-million-year-old fossil is the oldest disease-causing fungus we've ever seen!
- 10 Best places to visit in India for New Year 2024