Thane civic chief presents Rs 2.75k cr budget for 2021-22
Thane, Feb 5 () Thane municipal commissioner Vipin Sharma on Friday presented a Rs 2,755.32 crore budget for 2021-22, including Rs 1,221.90 crore for transport, Rs 333 crore for water supply and Rs 249.90 crore for roads and public works, an official said.
In his budget address, Sharma said Rs 1,152.70 crore was expected from GST and stamp duty, Rs 693.24 crore by way of property taxes, Rs 208.10 crore as water supply taxes, and Rs 342 crore from Town Development funds.
AdvertisementThe budget has earmarked Rs 333 crore for water supply, Rs 308.04 crore for waste management, Rs 270.11 crore for education, Rs 256.84 crore for health, Rs. 1221.90 crore for transport, Rs 215.56 crore for water and sanitation, and Rs 249.90 for roads and public works. COR BNM BNM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
Popular on BI
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- I'm a software engineer who struggled with procrastination until I tried 'monk mode' — here's how it saves me up to 3 hours a day
- Parineeta director Pradeep Sarkar passes away at 67
- Shops of toddy, poor man's scotch, to undergo a major facelift in Kerala
- Madhav Sheth accepts global role at realme, new India head yet to be announced
- Paramount to remake Hitchcock's 'Vertigo,' Robert Downey Jr. eyes lead role
- Sensex, Nifty50 edge lower in morning trade: Metal, PSU bank stocks fall, IT stocks top gainers