The entire crew of the massive ship that has blocked Suez Canal is Indian
Suez Canal Authority
Ever Givenhas been stuck in the Suez Canal, the world’s busiest shipping route, for almost four days now.
- The technical management of the ship Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement says that the crew onboard are Indians.
- According to reports, it could take weeks to dislodge the Ever Given.
AdvertisementThe massive container ship Ever Given has been stuck in the Suez Canal, the world’s busiest shipping route, for almost four days now. And a recent media statement from the technical management of the ship Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement says that the crew onboard are Indians.
“All 25 crew are safe and accounted for. All crew are
The Suez Canal remains blocked as efforts to release the Ever Given continue. A dust storm beached the container ship, which is 1300 feet long, and has created a massive traffic jam on the Suez Canal, keeping as many as 150 ships behind it, waiting.
Here’s a satellite view of the Ever Given stranded on the Suez Canal
Suez canal blockage seen from space Airbus-built Pléiades high-res. satellite image taken this morning, showi… https://t.co/VI1VQ5s6tZ— Airbus Space (@AirbusSpace) 1616679130000
The delay caused by Ever Given, is holding up $400 million an hour in trade, according to a CNBC report.
According to reports, it could take weeks to dislodge the Ever Given, and the ships blocked behind it are now planning a detour of over a thousand miles to get going again.
“The focus now is on dredging to remove sand and mud from around the port side of the vessel’s bow. In addition to the dredgers already on site a specialised suction dredger is now with the vessel and will shortly begin work. This dredger can shift 2,000 cubic metres of material every hour,” said the shipmanagement company.
After being bottlenecked in the Suez Canal for days, the owner of the cargo ship Ever Given is potentially facing millions of dollars in insurance claims
Popular on BI
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- Armed Trump supporters protest outside FBI office in Phoenix following Mar-a-Lago raid: reports
- How India can create opportunities for its new-age farmers
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Qmin has been profitable business for IHCL from day one, says Jehangir Press
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates