The latest travel advisory allows hotels to release Indians returning from abroad after 7 days of quarantine — the rest is ‘self isolation’
- The travellers will have to undergo the initial period of quarantine at their own cost.
- However, in severe cases like pregnancy, death in family, serious illness and parents with children below the age of 10 years can be quarantined at home for 14 days.
- But, the states are also allowed to develop their own protocols based on their assessment of arriving passengers.
The travellers will have to undergo the initial period of quarantine at their own cost. If they test positive, they will be assessed at the COVID-19 health facilities. Those with mild symptoms may be allowed home isolation while the moderate and severely-ill cases will be hospitalised immediately.
However, in severe cases like pregnancy, death in family, serious illness and parents with children below the age of 10 years can be quarantined at home for 14 days. In that case, these people will have to register on the Aarogya Setu app by the Indian government.
The health officials at the arriving stations including airport, seaport and landport will facilitate thermal screening of all the passengers. Those with symptomatic conditions will be immediately isolated or quarantined. The rest of the travellers will undergo institutional quarantine for seven days, as per the ICMR (
But, the states are also allowed to develop their own protocols based on their assessment of arriving passengers. Several states have suggested additional self quarantine of 14 to 28 days — even for those who are asymptomatic.
For the passengers arriving via flight, ship or any other means of crossing land borders, only the travellers with asymptomatic conditions will be allowed to board. During the travel, the passengers will be required to take precautionary measures including wearing of masks, hand hygiene and respiratory protection.
After Jharkhand, Zomato will now deliver alcohol in Odisha in 60 minutes
After the US, China is evacuating citizens from India as border tensions escalate and COVID-19 cases spike
- WB reports highest single-day spike of nearly 1,000 COVID-19 cases
- IIT-KGP extending additional Rs 3,000 to emergency workers on campus
- Pune district adds record 1,618 COVID-19 cases; 25 more die
- 78 new COVID-19 cases in Jharkhand, tally rises to 3,134
- COVID-19 tally in Nashik goes beyond 6,000 with 336 new cases
- Interstate Travel
- Chinese Apps
- India China Border Images
- Coronavirus Pandemic
- West Bengal Containment Zones
- Sourav Ganguly
- Acharya Balakrishna
- Coronavirus cases in India
- Coronavirus cases
- Black Panther
- Maharashtra lockdown guidelines
- Chinese App FAQ
- Chinese App Alternatives
- Indian Covid 19 Vaccine
- lunar Eclipse July