Five cities that make up for more than half of all coronavirus cases in India
- These five districts include Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Thane, and Ahmedabad.
- Moreover, five of the worst affected districts — Mumbai, Thane, Pune, Auranagabad, and Palghar — are from Maharashtra. Whereas two districts are located in Tamil Nadu.
- According to Kant, Mumbai, Indore, and Jaipur have shown a declining curve in the five day median average of cases.
These five districts include Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Thane, and Ahmedabad. Moreover, five of the worst affected districts — Mumbai, Thane, Pune, Auranagabad, and Palghar — are from Maharashtra. Whereas two districts are located in Tamil Nadu.
“63% cases in India are from 15 districts with the top 5 cities contributing to over half of our cases. Hyderabad is back on this list while Palghar is a new addition. Need to contain these districts at all costs. Aggressive testing, tracing & treatment is a must- now more than ever,” NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant said.
Districts of Concern
According to Kant, Mumbai, Indore, and Jaipur have shown a declining curve in the five day median average of cases. Whereas, Aurangabad, Gurugram, Surat have a possible declining curve. Ahmedabad, Pune, Thane, have also a possible flattening curve.
|State/UT||District/City||Contribution (%) to national cases||Contribution (%) to state cases|
“Growth trends in top 15 districts indicate an increase in Kolkata, Palghar & Hyderabad.However growth in Delhi is exponential. The only way to tackle this is to undertake testing at a massive scale and proactively detect hotspots & contain them. We need to win the battle in Delhi,” Kant added.
Growth trends in top 15 districts indicate an increase in Kolkata, Palghar & Hyderabad.However growth in Delhi is e… https://t.co/p2IBT0Gcrq— Amitabh Kant (@amitabhk87) 1592318401000
In the last 24 hours, Delhi has recorded 1859 fresh coronavirus cases. The total number of coronavirus cases was recorded beyond 44,000 whereas the death toll surged to 1837.
Top 10 states in India with the maximum death rate due to COVID-19
Popular on BI
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next Chief Minister of Punjab
- iQOO to launch its new smartphone AiQOO Z5 in India soon at ₹30,000
- India may soon reopen its doors for foreign tourists as COVID-19 cases decline in the country
- Airlines can now operate 85% of pre-Covid domestic flights, says Aviation Ministry
- Yes Bank-DHFL case: No sympathy, says court, Rana Kapoor's wife, daughters remanded to judicial custody