These pictures show how India spent day 1 of the nation-wide lockdown
- On the first day of lockdown, several streets in India wore a deserted look.
- All the businesses including e-commerce giants like Amazon, and Flipkart suspended their services.
- Grocery shops were open and observed social distancing.
- However, a few places were crowded with people who ignored social distancing.
“If we are not able to manage the pandemic in the next 21 days, the country and your family will be set back for 21 years,” Modi said.
On the first day of lockdown, several streets in New Delhi wore a deserted look. All the businesses including e-commerce giants like Amazon, and Flipkart suspended their services. However, a few places were crowded with people who ignored social distancing.
Here’s how India spent day 1 of the 21-days long nation-wide lockdown
Prime Minister Narendra Modi practised social distancing at a Union Cabinet meeting held in New Delhi.
People strictly practise social distancing to keep Coronavirus at bay at Talegaon Dabhade in Maharashtra's Pune district.
Coronavirus lockdown disrupted the celebrations of Ugadi festival in Bengaluru. The festival is fervently observed in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
Mumbai Fire Brigade personnel spray chemicals at major civic hospitals and markets.
Disinfectants were sprayed across Amritsar to contain the spread of COVID-19
Fishing trawlers remain anchored to a jetty on River Mandovi towards Betim in Bardez taluka of North Goa.
Chennai comes to a virtual standstill
Amitabh Bachchan pens a poem urging citizens to cooperate with the lockdown rules and regulations.
Bollywood veteran Rishi Kapoor got furious after a section of social media teasingly asked him if he was well stocked up on alcohol.
(With inputs from agencies)
Visit Business Insider for latest update on coronavirus
- Assam's COVID-19 tally rises to 11,736 with 735 fresh cases
- Kerala govt makes compulsory for public to follow COVID-19 norms till 2021
- Jharkhand reports 53 new cases of COVID-19, 1 more death
- COVID-19: Delhi govt orders compulsory rapid antigen detection test for high-risk individuals
- 3 hotels serving as COVID care facilities in Delhi delinked from hospitals over low occupancy
- Interstate Travel
- Chinese Apps
- India China Border Images
- Coronavirus Pandemic
- Lunar Eclipse in India
- Covid-19 Patient
- Acharya Balakrishna
- Coronavirus cases in India
- Coronavirus cases
- IIT Delhi
- Maharashtra lockdown guidelines
- Chinese App FAQ
- Chinese App Alternatives
- Indian Covid 19 Vaccine
- lunar Eclipse July