TN crosses 14 lakh mark in COVID-19 sample testing; reports 65 deaths
The state crossed the 14 lakh mark in testing samples with nearly 40,000 being examined today alone, it said in a bulletin.
The dead include 52 with co-morbidities and 13 with none.
Two men aged 30 and 97 and a 25-year-old woman were among the deceased.
Of the fresh cases, Chennai accounted for 1,203, reflecting a continuation of drop in new infections, while the remainder was spread across Tamil Nadu.
On Monday, Chennai had reported 1,747 cases, 1,713 on Sunday and 1,842 on July 4.
While the state's tally stood at 1,18,594, Chennai's share was 71,230.
As many as 36,938 samples were tested today alone and the total number of specimens examined climbed to 14,13,435 in Tamil Nadu.
As on date, there are 96 labs, 50 in government hospitals and 46 in the private sector, the bulletin said.
Also,4,545 people were discharged from various hospitals, which is the single day highest recovery.Cumulatively 71,116 patients have been cured and active cases stood at 45,839, the bulletin said. VGNAPR RAVINDRANATH RAVINDRANATH
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Elon Musk reportedly told workers at his brain-chip startup to imagine they had bombs strapped to their heads to make them work faster
- Cristiano Ronaldo is now causing trouble for Portugal at the World Cup after his dramatic Manchester United exit
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- India is home to a great diversity of faiths: US
- Uniparts India IPO: Here’s how you can check the allotment status
- Best sofa set under ₹15000
- Best washing machine under ₹15000
- Only half of Indian listed companies set net carbon emissions commitments: WTW