TN expert panel says only gradual lifting of lockdown possible
The team's observation came on a day when the stateregistered its highest single-day spike in positive cases ofcoronavirus at 161, of which this metropolis alone reported138.The expert group held discussions with Chief Minister KPalaniswami on the Covid-19 situation in Tamil Nadu, PrabhdeepKaur, a key member of the panel, later told reporters.
On the relaxation of lockdown, she said it "cannot berelaxed in all parts at the same time. The situation is notconducive for complete relaxing," of the curbs.The expert panel has suggested "indicators" both fromthe epidemiological as well as the health system prepardnesspoints, and based on that the government can decide on removalof lockdown in particular areas."But even if the lockdown is lifted, it can be donegradually only," she said and called for lifestyle changes tohandle the pandemic situation.
Especially, there can be no relaxation on curbs againstmass gatherings, she said.
Noting that the virus will be "with us for a long time,"the penal member said measures like social distancing, handhygiene and wearing masks in public places will play animportant role in the fight against the contagion.Kaur also stressed on the need to "protect vulnerablegroups" like senior citizens and those with cancer and kindeyailments, besides the diabetics, saying they should takeproper medical treatment. SAROH ROH
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Cannes Lions 2021: India brings home a Gold, four Silver Lions and three Bronze Lions on Day 2
- E-commerce management platform CommerceIQ raises $60 million, looks to launch India operations by 2022
- Best power banks under ₹ 1000 to buy in India for 2021
- Best business laptops in India for 2021
- India is reportedly mulling over a new crypto tax which could make trading on foreign exchanges more expensive