Toddler boy dies three days after getting immunisation vaccine in Palghar district
Medical Officer Dr Bhausaheb Chattar, who is posted in Mokhada town, said the viscera of the toddler has been sent to the JJ Hospital in Mumbai for examination.
"We can comment on the cause of his death only after we receive the report from the JJ Hospital which might take ten more days," he said.
Dr Chattar said the boy was administered DPT, MMR and (PCV) Booster on February 9. "He apparently developed complications and died on Saturday (February 12)," the medical officer said.
He said the matter was reported to the higher-ups in the state government.
Dr Chattar claimed that four children from the village were also administered the regular immunisation vaccines on February 9 but none of them developed any medical complications.
Generally, DPT, MMR and (PCV) Booster vaccines are administered in different months for children.
Meanwhile, family members of the deceased boy alleged that he died due to faulty administering of the vaccine.
Sources said that the deceased Sarvesh Dhodi, a resident of Koshimseth village, was given the MMR and triple polio booster dose by a nurse from the state-run Vashala health centre on February 10.
He developed a high fever on February 11 and was taken to a private hospital in the village. As his condition deteriorated on February 12, the boy was rushed to the Khodala Rural Hospital where doctors declared him brought dead, according to sources.A Mokhada police station officer said that a case of accidental death was registered and further investigation is underway. PTI COR NSK NSK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- A TikToker asked for help identifying a plane passenger who looked like a celebrity. Her video blew up, and caught the attention of the 'Mexican Jim Carrey.'
- Paytm’s merchant payment leadership helps double its UPI incentives to ₹182 cr in FY23
- Over half of Gen Z and millennials say they're struggling with the question of how to start a family while living paycheck to paycheck
- Nobel prize winnings in a divorce settlement — that’s how much economist Robert E Lucas’ ex-wife believed in him
- Meeting the aspirations of 1.4 billion Indians
- RBI to withdraw ₹2,000 currency notes from circulation, will continue to be legal tender
- Paytm UPI Lite – a game changer in mobile payments for small value transactions
- Zomato net loss narrows to ₹188 crore in Q4, revenue rises 70% YoY