Nifty rebounds 400 pts as trading restarts after hitting lower circuit
- Indian stock markets hit circuit breakers as markets continued to witness panic over global sell off.
BSE Sensexwas down by almost 10% from its previous close, during the morning trade. Nifty50shed 966 points in the morning trade and stood at 8,624.05.
Trading was halted in Indian stock markets for 45 minutes as the BSE Sensex plunged over 3,100.90 points or almost 10% from its previous close on Friday (March 13), within minutes of opening today. Nifty50 was also down by 966 points or almost 10% and stood at 8,624.05.
This was the first ever circuit breaker in the last 12 years. Trading will resume again at 10:20 am. This selloff could be an effect of Dow which went down by massive 2,352.60 points yesterday or around 10%.
AdvertisementThe 30-stock index had its biggest one-day percentage drop since the 1987 Black Monday market crash when it collapsed by more than 22 per cent. Countries across the world are imposing travel restrictions, fuelling fears of a global economic recession, analysts told IANS.
The S&P 500 was down by 260.74 points, or 9.51%, to end at 2,480.64. The
The S&P 500 declined 7 per cent shortly after Thursday's opening bell, triggering a key circuit breaker that halted trading for 15 minutes. It was Wall Street's second 15-minute halt, this week.
Global markets reeled last night after the
India suspended all its visas and sealed its borders for international arrivals. US President
SEE ALSO: coronavirus: Latest News, Articles on coronavirus | Business Insider India
Coronavirus has made Infosys cautious— here's an exclusive chat with the management
Popular on BI
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- The collapse of Evergrande, one of China’s largest home developers, is “not a Lehman moment” but the fear may haunt steel and metal stocks in India
- IRCTC, IndiaMART, Cummins India and others have been under pressure in the last 5 days but still worth buying
- Noise ropes in Taapsee Pannu as its brand ambassador for smart wearables
- Online fantasy gaming startup earns almost five times Dhoni's Chennai Super Kings
- Samsung's first F-series phone with 5G support, Galaxy F42, to launch soon
- 2021 Yamaha R15 V4.0, R15M, Aerox 155 launched in India — all you need to know