U'khand: Panel formed to provide inputs for containing COVID-19 spread
The panel will provide inputs to the government on a range of areas, including risk factors associated with COVID-19 transmission, causal analysis of COVID-19 deaths, in-depth data analyses on socio-demographic profile, testing patterns, co-morbidities and risk factors, an official release here said.
In addition to this, the committee will also analyse the best practices adopted in other states and in the world besides looking at published studies and suggesting actionable points.The committee will be headed by Devrat Roy who is Head of the Department of community medicine at Govt Doon Medical College. It will have five members, including Sadhna Awasthi of Govt Medical College, Haldwani, Amit Singh of Govt Medical College, Almora, Ajit Kumar of Govt Medical College, Shrinagar and WHO representative Vikas Sharma. Advertisement
The chief operation officer of the state's COVID-19 control room shall be responsible for providing all the available data to committee members by Friday every week. The panel can also take data from the chief medical officer of every district. ALM SNE
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Chinese hackers claim Apple's Secure Enclave chip has a new 'unfixable vulnerability'
- National Education Policy: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister writes to Modi opposing the shift to three languages
- Bajaj Auto's July sales drop by a third and the bigger dent came from exports
- One-time loan restructuring dilemma - RBI won’t commit, and India Inc won’t stop asking for it
- While people boycott Chinese products, IPL to retain Chinese sponsors: Omar Abdullah