UP govt announces complete lockdown on weekends to check COVID-19 spread
"The lockdown on weekends will be implemented from the coming Saturday and Sunday especially in the crowded areas. The markets and offices will remain closed on these days. However, the banks will remain open," Additional Chief Secretary (Home and Information) Awanish Awasthi told .
"This is being done basically to stop the spread of infection through unwanted physical movement. Economic activities will, however, not suffer," he added.The lockdown will remain effective in both urban and rural areas of the state. Advertisement
"It (lockdown) will be in place for the month of July at least," Awasthi said. NAV RHL
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Chinese hackers claim Apple's Secure Enclave chip has a new 'unfixable vulnerability'
- National Education Policy: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister writes to Modi opposing the shift to three languages
- Bajaj Auto's July sales drop by a third and the bigger dent came from exports
- One-time loan restructuring dilemma - RBI won’t commit, and India Inc won’t stop asking for it
- While people boycott Chinese products, IPL to retain Chinese sponsors: Omar Abdullah