When lock-down is lifted, we have to be highly disciplined: Saraswat
He said when the curbs are removed in a regulatedfashion, participation of the community is very important interms of following the rules of the game such as socialdistancing and avoiding large gatherings,to prevent a freshsurge in COVID-19 cases.
"Highly disciplined society is expected at that time",Saraswat, a former Scientific Advisor to the Defence Minister,told .
Right now, the focus should be on keeping the medicalinfrastructure in right shape and ensuring continuous supplyof needed appliances and equipment for patients, doctors andparamedics, he said.
"So there is a need for us keep the continuity of rawmaterials, supply chain for manufacturing and distributingthese systems to all, Saraswat said.
We may need some extensive manufacturing capabilityto make up for gaps what we have. Raw materials formanufacturing should be made available.
Given the number of COVID-19 cases, there is now nodistinction between private and government hospitals astheir attention is required on a war-footing, he said.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Top smartwatches with always-on display in India
- Biometric devices for convenient identity authentication
- Best inkjet printers for business needs in India
- J&K has highest share of 5 per cent budget allocation in health sector across country: LG
- RBI expected to hold rates on uncertainty over new COVID-19 variant