Where and how to get fast tag near me for free
Where to buy
View all Offers
View all Offers
Redmi 9 (Sky Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8499₹ 10999Buy On
- 14% OFF
Apple iPhone 11 (64GB) - Black₹ 41999₹ 49900Buy On
- 27% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M12 (Blue,4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) 6000 mAh with 8nm Processor | True 48 MP Quad Camera | 90Hz Refresh Rate₹ 9499₹ 12999Buy On
- 17% OFF
Redmi Note 10 Pro Max (Glacial Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) -108MP Quad Camera|120Hz Super Amoled Display₹ 18999₹ 24999Buy On
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)₹ 13999₹ 15999Buy On
As per the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, the vehicle owners can get FASTag for free by visiting any authorized physical point of sale locations across the country. Hence it is evident that you can buy FASTags from the national highway fee plazas, RTOs, common service centers, petrol pumps, and transport hubs. You can download My FASTag App to locate the nearest NHAI FASTag point of sale point. FASTag helpline number is 1033.
How to buy FASTag for free
AdvertisementTo purchase FASTag at your chosen location, you need to produce the valid vehicle Registration Certificate (RC). You will have to pay the security deposit applicable and also the charges to create the minimum balance specified.
The FASTag system launched by the central government during the second half of 2019 is a system that enables automatic deduction of toll charges at the NHAI toll plazas. The system invests in radio-frequency identification (RFID) technology to automatically deduct the toll fee. FASTag is linked to the prepaid or savings or current account of the subscriber.
With the FASTag stuck on your vehicle windscreen, you can drive through the toll plazas without having to wait in the long queues to stopover and pay the toll charges.
You can also buy FASTag online from companies like Amazon and PayTM. For account activation online, you will need to pay the one time registration charge of Rs 100. For online recharges, one time convenient fee is also charged.
Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari said in a statement made last month that the revenue per day through toll collection increased to Rs 87 crore from Rs 68 crore after the Ministry launched the FASTag system on the National Highways.
Popular on BI
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Shiba Inu hits another all-time-high — now more valuable than Adani Enterprises, Tata Steel and Tech Mahindra
- Shiba Inu is not only bigger than Dogecoin — it’s now bigger than XRP, Polkadot and USD Coin as the seventh-biggest player in the market
- IRCTC will lose a chunk of its revenue to the Indian government starting next month
- EaseMyTrip makes its first acquisition in 13 years to strengthen its hotel offerings
- Portugal''s political fate uncertain after govt budget defeat
- Battlegrounds Mobile India gets Dune-themed rewards in new crossover
- YouTube is the most-used social media platform by influencers in India: AnyTag report