With 370 fresh cases, UP's COVID-19 tally crosses 10K-mark
The number of COVID-19 cases in the state now stands at 10,103 as on Saturday. Principal secretary, health, Amit Mohan Prasad said the number of active cases in the state was 3,927 and the number of those who have recovered and been discharged from hospitals was 5,908.
So, far 268 people have lost their lives to coronavirus with 11 more deaths, Prasad said.
Prasad stressed on maintaining utmost vigil during the month of June saying it was most crucial since the migrants and others were returning to the state and there is a need to remain alert for checking the spread of the virus.
He asked the gram and mohalla nigrani committees to remain alert in ensuring that the migrants and others who have returned strictly follow home quarantine as per the protocol.Warning that legal action will be taken against those violating home quarantine, Prasad said in such cases they will be put into administrative quarantine. SAB RDM RDM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Virat Kohli, Shikhar Dhawan, Suresh Raina and more — Indian players with most runs in IPL history
- Supreme Court to pronounce order next week on pleas seeking independent probe into Pegasus snooping row
- KPIT Technologies to acquire Future Mobility Solutions for ₹135 crore
- IndiGo bullish on festive season, may see demand reach pre-COVID levels in December
- Air conditioner brands Voltas, Blue Star, Havells rally ahead of festive season