Women’s Day Special : From Nirmala Sitharaman to Priyanka Chopra here are the powerful women who conquered the headlines
Sara Ali Khanand Deepika Padukone were the biggest Newsmakers in Bollywood.
- Cricketing duo of Shafali Verma and
Harmanpreet Kaurwere the biggest newsmakers in Sports.
- Priyanka Chopra was the most mentioned woman in the startup sphere.
Here are the women who made news:
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman’s long lasting Budget speeches has put her on the spot as the woman who dominated most of the news in the business section. She generated the most media mentions after her first budget speech as the Finance Minister of India in July last year. Moreover, her much-awaited second budget in February this year also generated a huge amount of buzz.
Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, founder of Biocon was the biggest newsmaker in women entrepreneurs. Mazumdar, worth $3.2 billion, is among the only few women billionaires in India. She was in the news when the government announced a corporate tax cut and banned e-cigarettes.
Sara Ali Khan
Sara Ali Khan received the most media mentions. Media outlets constantly mentioned her rumoured affair with Karthik Aryan and their upcoming film Love Aaj Kal. Unfortunately, in spite of the publicity, Khan’s film tanked at the box office.
Deepika Padukone was the second-biggest newsmaker thanks to the controversy around her movie Chapaak. Deepika’s presence at Cannes was also a newsworthy event.
Cricketing duo of Shafali Verma and Harmanpreet Kaur
Shafali Verma and Harmanpreet Kaur made the most amount of news in the sports segment. They are in the news mostly because of the T20 World Cup in which Indian Cricket Team is currently playing. Team India is in finals and have high chances of winning the world cup and that has the media excited.
Priyanka Chopra was the most mentioned women in the startup space. Media was buzzing after her investment in startups like Bumble, Holberton School.
- 4 fresh COVID-19 cases in Puducherry, tally rises to 35
- S'pore to set 'travel bubbles' with countries where COVID-19 is under control; cases reach 33,860
- 7 persons who returned from Chennai test positive for COVID-19 in Nagaland, total at 25
- NABARD sanctions Rs 1,050 crore credit support to West Bengal
- Voda keeps evaluating opportunities, no proposal before board now: VIL on Google picking stake in co
- Air travel Guidelines
- Covid-19 Drug
- Karnataka travel guidelines
- Surat Containment Zones
- Karnataka Lockdown Guidelines
- COVID-19 infections
- Indore corona cases
- Ecommerce Policy
- Coronavirus cases in India
- Coronavirus cases
- Telangana Coronavirus hotspot
- Maharashtra extends lockdown
- Containment Zone in Kolkata
- Pune Containment Zone
- Mukesh Ambani
- Tamilnadu lockdown Guidelines