Women’s Day Special : From Nirmala Sitharaman to Priyanka Chopra here are the powerful women who conquered the headlines
Sara Ali Khanand Deepika Padukone were the biggest Newsmakers in Bollywood.
- Cricketing duo of Shafali Verma and
Harmanpreet Kaurwere the biggest newsmakers in Sports.
- Priyanka Chopra was the most mentioned woman in the startup sphere.
Here are the women who made news:
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman’s long lasting Budget speeches has put her on the spot as the woman who dominated most of the news in the business section. She generated the most media mentions after her first budget speech as the Finance Minister of India in July last year. Moreover, her much-awaited second budget in February this year also generated a huge amount of buzz.
Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, founder of Biocon was the biggest newsmaker in women entrepreneurs. Mazumdar, worth $3.2 billion, is among the only few women billionaires in India. She was in the news when the government announced a corporate tax cut and banned e-cigarettes.
Sara Ali Khan
Sara Ali Khan received the most media mentions. Media outlets constantly mentioned her rumoured affair with Karthik Aryan and their upcoming film Love Aaj Kal. Unfortunately, in spite of the publicity, Khan’s film tanked at the box office.
Deepika Padukone was the second-biggest newsmaker thanks to the controversy around her movie Chapaak. Deepika’s presence at Cannes was also a newsworthy event.
Cricketing duo of Shafali Verma and Harmanpreet Kaur
Shafali Verma and Harmanpreet Kaur made the most amount of news in the sports segment. They are in the news mostly because of the T20 World Cup in which Indian Cricket Team is currently playing. Team India is in finals and have high chances of winning the world cup and that has the media excited.
Priyanka Chopra was the most mentioned women in the startup space. Media was buzzing after her investment in startups like Bumble, Holberton School.
- India and China held a 16-hour long talk to resolve ongoing border dispute
- An American electric car maker explains why it took a different route than Elon Musk’s Tesla, Tata Motors or Mahindra
- Top stocks to watch on January 25
- Andhra ASHA worker's death following Covid jab triggers protest
- Downloadable e-version of voter identity card to be launched on January 25