India eyes place in top 100 on ease of doing business list
AdvertisementIndia is looking to figure among the top 100 nations in the ease of doing business ranking, counting on significant improvement achieved by Delhi and Mumbai as well as additional measures likely to be taken by the time the World Bank announces the next list in October.
The government is looking to improve India’s position from 130 out of 189 nations at present to within the top 100 this year and the top 50 next year.
The ranking considers business environment in Delhi and Mumbai. According to a report released by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), the two cities have undertaken reforms in areas such as construction permits, enforcing contracts and starting business.
Some of the measures ahead include amendment to the arbitration and conciliation law to reduce the time spent in proceedings and grounds on which an award may be challenged. The insolvency and bankruptcy code bill passed in
Image credit: Indiatimes
Popular on BI
- Netflix to bring popular game 'GTA: The Trilogy' on its mobile app in Dec
- Resilient India to outperform most global economies in FY24, says Client Associates
- Embrace the winter warmth: Unveiling the benefits and uses of ginger
- Love bombing, AI-powered humour: Dating trends popular with the young
- Unveiling the impact of Flipkart on innovation and growth in seller success stories