India eyes place in top 100 on ease of doing business list
India is looking to figure among the top 100 nations in the ease of doing business ranking, counting on significant improvement achieved by Delhi and Mumbai as well as additional measures likely to be taken by the time the World Bank announces the next list in October.
The government is looking to improve India’s position from 130 out of 189 nations at present to within the top 100 this year and the top 50 next year.
The ranking considers business environment in Delhi and Mumbai. According to a report released by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), the two cities have undertaken reforms in areas such as construction permits, enforcing contracts and starting business.
Some of the measures ahead include amendment to the arbitration and conciliation law to reduce the time spent in proceedings and grounds on which an award may be challenged. The insolvency and bankruptcy code bill passed in
Image credit: Indiatimes
- Check out the top 10 batsmen with the highest strike rate in all IPL matches
- Petrol pumps closed in Rajasthan as dealers demand rollback of VAT on fuel
- Google blocks terms associated with hate speech from being used as ad keywords on YouTube
- Mountains, rivers, trout and toddy — Manali offers you all these and more
- E-commerce and digitisation to accelerate India's auto sector growth, says report