Indian cos net Rs 3 lakh crore in H1 FY16
Indian companies have bagged close to Rs 3 lakh crore in the first half of the current fiscal.
An analysis of funds showed that companies have net fresh capital totaling Rs 2,90,470 crore through equity and debt. Over Rs 2.44 lakh crore came from debt, while a mere Rs 46,197 crore through equity.
In the equity segment, money was raised mainly through the preferential route (Rs 20,874 crore) followed by qualified institutional placements (Rs 12,658 crore), rights issue (Rs 7,760 crore) and initial public offers (Rs 4,904 crore).
In the debt market, companies bagged over Rs 2.43 lakh crore through debt placement, while public issuance of debt securities accounted for just Rs 1,553 crore.
Image credit: Indiatimes
- Throwback to some of the best IPL ads made over the years
- Infosys, Wipro, HDFC Bank and other stocks to watch out for on April 15
- India's largest opposition party blames national media for its lack of influence — but its new YouTube channel may only be targeting the Hindi belt
- Kellogg expands its portfolio by launching more Indianised products
- Infosys plans to hire 25,000 freshers over the next 12 months — a 26% boost for campus hiring in India