Indian Railways is on an aggressive recruitment drive to hire 300,000
Indian Railwaysis aggressively conducting recruitment drives, as nearly 300,000 positions lie vacant.
- Exams will be held for another 1,42,577 posts in 2019-20, the Railway Ministry informed.
- The Railways hired over 460,000 employees in the last ten years.
The new entrants will be hired by the
It had hired over 460,000 employees over a period of ten years,
However, employee shortages haven’t impacted its quality of services. With automated systems implemented across industries largely, the quality of service has improved over time — which reduced the dependence on human workforce. "Therefore, it is not correct to correlate the quality of service with employee strength," Mint reported citing the Railway Minister.
The recruitment board is conducting examinations to fill these positions. According to the government data, examinations for 1,51,843 posts have taken place and will be held for another 1,42,577 posts in 2019-20 — which includes reserved categories and economically weaker sections.
The ministry recently announced that Railways will be the first to implement 10% EWS quota — providing 23,000 jobs for Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs) over the next two years, Hindustan Times reported.
Indian Railways introduce ‘buzzing bees’ to keep elephants away from train tracks
Union Budget 2019: Indian Railways has been opened up to private partnerships for faster development
IITs, NITs are facing a dearth of teachers as 6,000 posts lie empty
Popular on BI
- This could be the best time to buy Galaxy Z Fold3 5G in India at ₹1,09,999
- Retail jobs have been slowing down due to WFH and online sales: report
- 85% Indian schools don't have vocational courses as part of their curriculum: WEF
- Govt invites bids for IDBI Bank privatisation; Govt, LIC to sell 60.72%
- Tracxn Technologies IPO: Analyst cautious due to losses and investor exits