Indian universities lag many countries in ‘social impact’ rankings: Survey
- Times Higher Education (THE) world university rankings has rolled out University Impact Rankings 2019 highlighting JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research, India as a top entrant in the list.
- On the gender equality front, Pondicherry university found a mention in
the rankings, but only in the top 200-rank bracket.
- None of Indian universities found spots in the top 100.
Times Higher Education (THE) world university rankings recently rolled out University Impact Rankings 2019 focused on exploring universities across the globe based on United Nations sustainable development goals (SDG). This includes teaching, research, citations and industry income on sustainability front.
Even elite institutions from India did not rank in the top 100, but there was a silver lining.
While the mainstream Indian
The JSS academy reportedly has a student base of 5,500 enrolled across 147 academic programmes in four campuses — JSS Medical College, JSS Dental College and JSS College of Pharmacy (all in Mysuru) and JSS Pharmacy College in Ooty.
Globally, the University of Auckland, Canada’s McMaster University, University of British Columbia and the University of Manchester, UK were the top performers in the rankings.
However, IIT’s Indore, Bombay and Roorkee campuses were ranked in the top 500 universities across the globe, said the report.
On the gender equality front, Indian institutes only secured ranks above 200 with Pondicherry University scoring 42.1-57 average points.
Here were the top 10.
Here are the 25 most popular workplaces in India, according to LinkedIn
One in every three working professionals in India feels stuck and going nowhere in their jobs: LinkedIn survey
A staggering 80% of engineers in India are unemployable: Report
- 'Facebook, Google, Twitter won't be reined in by Trump order'
- Indian-origin S African appointed COO of company assisting in combating organised bank-related crimes
- Govt can't compel COVID-19 positive people into state quarantine facilities: South African court
- Defence secretary tests positive for COVID-19: Sources
- Highest spike of 1,513 fresh COVID cases in Delhi takes total to over 23K; death toll rises to 606