India's largest bank set to open a branch at 10,310 ft above sea level in Ladakh
- State Bank of India, is all set to open a branch at Diksit which is located 10,310 ft. above the sea level in Ladakh.
- SBI will inaugurate the branch on September 14, 2019.
“SBI is making its presence felt in areas where others fear to tread. With an indomitable spirit, SBI reaches out even to the most difficult terrains of the country to provide banking services,” the company said.
This branch will be inaugurated on September 14, 2019.
World's highest altitude bank branch is located at 14,393 ft above the sea level in Macusani, Puno in Peru, according to the Guinness world records.
SBI has ATMs in Leh, a union territory located at 11,562 ft above the sea level. However, the highest ATM in the world is located at 13,200 ft in Thegu, India.
This move came in spite of the fact that SBI slowed down its pace of expansion. Before merging itself with associate banks, it had opened 750-800 branches annually. However, the number reduced to 250 following the merger.
- How to take screenshot on your Iphone
- How to change theme of your Instagram chat
- Larsen & Toubro sees a slowdown in new orders in the first three months of 2021 — management says contracts have been deferred
- Delhi plans to add 1,200 ICU beds in a day or two while daily Covid deaths drop to less than 300
- There is an online discount on the new Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme opening on Monday priced at ₹4,777 per gram