India’s North East internet bandwidth would come via Bangladesh
As a part of the project an international
"This project will resolve telecom connectivity issue to a great extent in North Eastern states. At present we provide connectivity from Chennai via Kolkata to North East. This will be now a short route cable between Cox Bazar cable landing station in Bangladesh to Aagartala through Akhaura," Prasad told reporters.
The project is estimated to cost Rs 19.1 Crores and annual expense for operation is around Rs 7.2 Crores.
"We will get bandwidth of 10 Gbps which can be extended up to 40 Gbps," the minister added.
The project is expected to be commissioned by January 2016.
(Image credit: Indiatimes)
- We're ready, say NASA crewmates on maiden SpaceX flight to ISS
- COVID-19: Most weddings in C'garh postponed; industry affected
- The EU plans a record-breaking new stimulus package of $826 billion to soothe Europe's economic pain from the coronavirus
- Tata Investment Corporation posts net loss of Rs 36.75 crore in Q4 FY20
- 5 more returnees test COVID-19 positive in Nagaland; tally rises to 9