India's richest woman is a $5.6 billion matriarch of a steel making family
- India’s richest woman is worth $5.6 billion but continues to draw a monthly pension of ₹90,000 from the government.
- Her net worth can buy 4.56 million troy ounces of gold or 106 million barrels of crude oil, Bloomberg Billionaire Index says.
- Her wealth is also equivalent to 469% of the total wealth of the top 500 wealthiest people around the world.
Her net worth can buy 4.56 million troy ounces of gold or 106 million barrels of crude oil, Bloomberg Billionaire Index says. Her wealth is also equivalent to 469% of the total wealth of the top 500 wealthiest people around the world.
India's billionaire club has very few women in the list, and they are way behind in fortune if we compare it to that of the first 100 men. Yet, Savitri stands out amongst the crowd thanks to the many hats she wears.
Here are some interesting facts about Savitri Jindal and how she made a place in the billionaire club in India
At 69, Savitri Jindal, the matriarch of the Jindal group is the richest woman in India.
She chairs India's highest valued steel producer but enjoys talking about her husband and children.
She was the world's fourth-richest mother and the only billionaire to have nine children.
She didn't step out or had any career for 36 years before becoming the chairperson of Jindal Group.
Her husband's death forced her to carry the legacy of the Jindal family in the business, and politics
Popular on BI
- Chip shortage hits new brands in tough Indian laptop market
- Petrol and diesel prices hiked again by 35 paise for fifth consecutive day across the country
- India vs Pakistan at ICC T20 World Cup: The ‘Men in Blue’ have a definite advantage in this one
- Tamil drama 'Koozhangal' is India's official entry for Oscars 2022
- ICICI Bank net profit rises 25% on lower provisions in September quarter