India's top yogi-cum-entrepreneur just set a yoga world record
Baba Ramdevset the world recordfor the ‘largest yoga session’ ever performed.
- The record was set for the Guinness Book of World Records at the 105,000 mark.
- Reports suggest that the crowd grew even bigger afterwards with nearly 200,000 participants.
In the early hours of the 4th
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
That number isn’t just a headcount but calculated using standardised methods and drone cameras. That being said, reports suggest that the crowd grew up to 200,000 participants by the end of the day.
The new record for the largest yoga session is nearly double the previous record of 55,524 people performing yogic asanas in Mysore just last year.
Aside from Baba Ramdev, the Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, officials from the Guinness World Records as well as 4,500 inspectors were present at the event. With the theme for this year’s International Yoga Day being ‘yoga for peace’, Ramdev expressed the need for people to embrace the three yog mantras of determination, hard work and good nature into their lives.
- Germany adopts $9.6 billion climate protection programme to achieve new climate targets, says Finance Minister
- China's migrating elephant herd travels further south in Eshan county, say authorities
- Iran condemns US' seizure of website domains as an 'attempt to undermine global freedom of expression'
- North Korea rules out 'possibility of any contact' with US, according to media report
- Lessons brands can learn from the winners of Kantar's Creative Effectiveness Awards