India's WPI rose to 1.62% last month, food articles inflated at 8.18%
AdvertisementIndia’s wholesale inflation rose even more in June, owing to pricier vegetables and a small uptick in manufactured goods. This suggests that industry is getting some relief from declining prices.
Wholesale inflation is measured by the
Wholesale food inflation jumped to 8.18% and this jump was led by potatoes and pulses that were dearer by 64.48% and 26.61%, respectively, from a year before.
The inflation for primary articles was pegged at 5.5% in June, while the index for manufactured products grew 1.17% from 0.91% in May. This fall in wholesale prices was lower at 3.62% in June as compared to May’s 6.14% fall.
These inflation data have put on hold the expectations of a rate cut in RBI's monetary policy review, scheduled for 9th August.
Popular on BI
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP