Indo-US dialogue: Ease of doing business and smart cities project to be major topics for discussion
The Indo-US strategic dialogue, to be held in the next 6-7 weeks in
The issue of foreign direct investment (
"While caps on FDI have been announced there is a need for more clarification on what they mean," Selig said today addressing mediapersons.
Regarding the issue of the intellectual property (IP) right he said that it was in best interest of India to become a vital player in the world.
US would help to India to tap the opportunities for municipal financing so that the states and cities can fund infrastructure projects. "Financing is at the heart of what the Narendra Modi government has set out to achieve," Selig said.
The US government official also met Commerce Minister
He also said that the achievements of the Modi government after 12 months in power have been significant. "Tough decisions have to be taken to allow progress and we need to have short term deliveries to reinforce that benefit," Selig added.
Popular on BI
- Female African elephants evolved toward being tuskless over just a few decades as poachers sought ivory
- Manchester United owners are getting drawn to the world's biggest cricket league – here's why
- Federal Bank is offering internships for fresh graduates — Check out stipend, incentives and other details
- Best smart home security cameras in India
- Best smartphones with 90Hz display under ₹20,000 in India
- Best 2.1 channel soundbars in India
- Best high speed monochrome printers in India
- Best multi-pin charging cables in India