Information technology is one of the fastest-growing industries in America - here are the 13 best IT jobs of the future
- Information technology jobs are projected to be among the fastest growing through 2024.
- Hiring managers for IT jobs said skills in cybersecurity, cloud, data analytics, Internet of Things, and converged infrastructure are the highest-value, according to a recent report from IT and networking company Cisco and market intelligence firm IDC.
- Many of these roles have skill shortages, the report said.
You probably already know IT jobs are well-paid and in-demand. IT jobs are among the fastest-growing for the next decade, according to a 2015 Bureau of Labor Statistics report. A recent report from IT and networking company Cisco and market intelligence firm IDC highlighted just which positions are growing the fastest.
The report shows the IT jobs that are most highly demanded and most important to an organization's success, through a global survey of hiring managers in information technology and analysis of nearly two million IT job postings.
Recruiters said skills in cybersecurity, cloud, data analytics, Internet of Things, and converged infrastructure are the highest-value. They also said there is a skill shortage for many of these roles.
"Digital transformation is driving the industry and creating demand for new roles," said Cushing Anderson, IDC program vice president, in a press release. "The economic opportunities are huge for individuals looking to further their IT careers - or begin them."
More than five million jobs in information technology are expected to be added globally by 2027, according to the report. Here are 13 positions with the best growth potential.
Each metric is rated on a five-point scale: very low, low, medium, high, and very high.
Mobile applications developer
Business intelligence analyst
Machine learning designer, developer, or engineer
Software developer or engineer
Business intelligence architect or developer
IoT designer, developer, or engineer
Cyber security engineer or analyst
Network engineer or architect
Security management specialist
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- Armed Trump supporters protest outside FBI office in Phoenix following Mar-a-Lago raid: reports
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day
- How India can create opportunities for its new-age farmers
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62