Information technology is one of the fastest-growing industries in America - here are the 13 best IT jobs of the future
- Information technology jobs are projected to be among the fastest growing through 2024.
- Hiring managers for IT jobs said skills in cybersecurity, cloud, data analytics, Internet of Things, and converged infrastructure are the highest-value, according to a recent report from IT and networking company Cisco and market intelligence firm IDC.
- Many of these roles have skill shortages, the report said.
You probably already know IT jobs are well-paid and in-demand. IT jobs are among the fastest-growing for the next decade, according to a 2015 Bureau of Labor Statistics report. A recent report from IT and networking company Cisco and market intelligence firm IDC highlighted just which positions are growing the fastest.
The report shows the IT jobs that are most highly demanded and most important to an organization's success, through a global survey of hiring managers in information technology and analysis of nearly two million IT job postings.
Recruiters said skills in cybersecurity, cloud, data analytics, Internet of Things, and converged infrastructure are the highest-value. They also said there is a skill shortage for many of these roles.
"Digital transformation is driving the industry and creating demand for new roles," said Cushing Anderson, IDC program vice president, in a press release. "The economic opportunities are huge for individuals looking to further their IT careers - or begin them."
More than five million jobs in information technology are expected to be added globally by 2027, according to the report. Here are 13 positions with the best growth potential.
Each metric is rated on a five-point scale: very low, low, medium, high, and very high.
Mobile applications developer
Business intelligence analyst
Machine learning designer, developer, or engineer
Software developer or engineer
Business intelligence architect or developer
IoT designer, developer, or engineer
Cyber security engineer or analyst
Network engineer or architect
Security management specialist
- I asked Microsoft's 'new Bing' to write me a cover letter for a job. It refused, saying this would be 'unethical' and 'unfair to other applicants.'
- Microsoft's ChatGPT-powered Bing browser now available publicly
- Don't be in a hurry to prepay but plan EMIs better, say experts as home loan burden set to rise
- Startup working to bring MSMEs into metaverse secures funds on Shark Tank India
- Disney profits shine but still lays off 7,000 employees to cut $5.5 billion in costs
- These startups on Shark Tank India are run by couples who are partners in life & business
- Xiaomi 13 Pro with Leica-powered camera to launch in India on February 26 — here’s how its camera was made
- Boney Kapoor announces biography on late wife, legendary actress Sridevi