Infosys Witnesses Another High-profile Exit; CEO-hopeful BG Srinivas Quits
The exit of Srinivas follows those of nine other top executives of the company since 2013. This is also the fourth board-level resignation.
Interestingly, Srinivas was one of the contenders for the CEO’s post. The resignation has raised eyebrows and increased speculation over whether the nominations committee had chosen to overlook his candidature.
His decision also hints at a possibility of an external CEO or even an outside chance of the return of co-founder
The resignation also raises questions on executive chairman NR
According to Mohandas Pai, a former Infosys board member, Narayana Murthy has failed in his leadership and he should explain what vision he has for the company.
Ankita Somani, research analyst at MSFL (a Mumbai-based brokerage house), also said that top management exits could be a cause of concern for the
As Srinivas built Infosys’ European business, which contributes 24.4% of its revenue, there are concerns around how clients will be managed, added Somani.
Infosys, however, maintains that the exit of one individual does not have a big impact.
Popular on BI
- Top 10 must-visit destinations in South Africa
- Indian markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Stock markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Icy pebbles may be carrying water to developing planets across the cosmos!
- With $500 billion in reserves, LIC is the world’s fourth largest insurer