Initial jobless claims fell less than expected
The reading came in 258,000, slightly higher than economists' forecast of 256,000.
Last week claims came in at 260,000.
This is the 86th consecutive week that claims have been below 300,000 - the longest streak since 1970.
Meanwhile, yhe 4-week moving average was 253,000, a slight uptick of 1,000 from the previous week's revised average.
- A startup founder was asked to do a coffee run on her first pitch, now she's among India's richest women
- Pathan, Liger, Godfather: Here’s a list of forthcoming movie releases that will decide the fate of the multiplexes
- Taj Mahal continues to lose its sheen due to pollution in the Yamuna and industrial emissions
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts