Inside Eton College, the exclusive boarding school that's been called 'the nursery of England's gentlemen' and that counts Boris Johnson, Prince William and Eddie Redmayne among its graduates
- Eton College is an exclusive boarding school sometimes called "the nursery of England's gentlemen," Business Insider previously reported.
- Incoming Prime Minister Boris Johnson will be Britain's fifth Eton-educated Prime Minister since World War II.
- Prince William, Prince Harry, Tom Hiddleston, and Eddie Redmayne are also alums of Eton College.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Eton College is one of the most prestigious high schools in the world.
The exclusive boarding school, located outside London, near Windsor, is home to about 1,300 students, according to its website. Prince William, Prince Harry, Tom Hiddleston, and Eddie Redmayne are among its best-known alumni.
Keep reading to take a look inside Eton College.
Eton was founded in 1440 by King Henry VI.
Before being accepted, students go through a two-part application process that begins three years before they enroll.
Eton students live in one of the 25 houses on campus.
Students wear Eton's traditional uniform.
Eton plans out students' entire day, beginning with Chapel at 8:35 a.m.
Life at Eton is governed by traditions, including the wall game.
Eton students are known for their powerful connections.
Fifteen members of the British royal family have attended Eton, including Prince William and Prince Harry, according to the BBC.
Incoming Prime Minister Boris Johnson will be the fifth Eton graduate to become Prime Minister since World War II.
Royals and future politicians are not the only famous graduates to come out of Eton. Actors Tom Hiddleston and Eddie Redmayne are also 'Old Etonians.'
Prince Harry and Meghan are considering not sending their son Archie to Eton, Business Insider previously reported.
- Over 60 schools in and around Bengaluru receive bomb threat, students evacuated safely
- TVS Motor Co sales rise 31% to 3,64,231 units in November
- Johnny Depp unknowingly taught Ranveer Singh the craft of acting
- Midcap index rising for last 21 sessions, hitting fresh highs since November 16
- Global smartwatch shipments up 9% in Q3, Fire-Boltt & Huawei hit new highs: Report