The $120,000 Audi RS 6 Avant wagon has some of the fanciest light features of any car - check them all out
- The 2021 RS 6 Avant I tested recently did cool light tricks when you locked or unlocked it.
- Inside, it even had futuristic, Tron-like cabin illumination.
- The best part was that the seat belt buckles lit up so you never had to find them by touch alone.
There's always been something about Audis and
The look quickly trickled through the rest of Audi's lineup after that. Soon, everything from the cheaper A4s up had the scintillating detail - a sparkly, checkmark-shaped strip of LEDs flanking the signature four rings. Nothing like it had ever been seen before and, for a while, you could pick out an Audi heading toward you from afar just based on that pattern of LEDs.
It's now 2021 and nearly everything on the road uses LEDs of some kind, but Audi's still found a way to distinguish itself. Recently, I tested out a 2021 RS 6 Avant - read the review here! - and stumbled across a neat little light show it puts on when you lock or unlock it. For your viewing pleasure and convenience, I have GIFed the experience below.When you unlock the car, the front daytime running lights light up in sequence, almost like a welcome greeting. When you lock the car, the rear lights fade out in sequence, like a curtain closing after a show.
As far as I can tell, this choice was purely an aesthetic one. It certainly doesn't make the car drive any faster or better. It just gave me, the driver, some small delight in seeing it. There doesn't seem to be any other reason to include such a feature.(And before you email me to yell at me that this is old news and I should get with the program: The internet isn't all about you. Not everyone knows this about Audis.) But that's not all! I invite you to check out two more things.
First, the RS 6 Avant's door sills light up in the dark and the car projects "Audi Sport" onto the ground, lest you forget what sort of vehicle you have.Second, and more practically, the RS 6 Avant's interior lighting includes seat-belt buckle illumination!
The wagon seats five, so five buckles are encased in a ring of light for you to locate more easily. Anyone who has felt around in the dark for their buckle no longer has to if they're riding in one of these.The rest of the cabin lighting gives off a very futuristic, Tron-like aesthetic. If you looked at the interior during the day, you'd see that the light fits perfectly with the minimalist design.
But those seat-belt buckle indicator lights. That's some real MVP stuff right there.
- How to take screenshot on your Iphone
- How to change theme of your Instagram chat
- Larsen & Toubro sees a slowdown in new orders in the first three months of 2021 — management says contracts have been deferred
- Delhi plans to add 1,200 ICU beds in a day or two while daily Covid deaths drop to less than 300
- There is an online discount on the new Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme opening on Monday priced at ₹4,777 per gram